Saturday 29 October 2016

'Get to know me' questions

I've taken these questions from a list of 25 I found online and eliminated a few I felt didn't apply.

What is your middle name?
Jane! I use it for this blog though, so it shouldn’t be a surprise.

What is your favourite colour?
Red, but specifically a metallic, chrome red.

Who was your first best friend?
The first person I could call a best friend is still my best friend now! We met when I was seven and moved in next door to her!

How tall are you?                                         
5’2. It’s a weird height, because it’s short, but not short enough to be noticeable.

Cats or Dogs?
Dogs. It’s not that I hate cats, I still like them, but I had a dog as a pet growing up so I have a soft spot for them. Plus, dogs are always affectionate and happy to see you. Cats could take you or leave you.

Funniest moment throughout School?
The one that sticks out is when my best friend (mentioned above) was reading out a story from a magazine. “Hey, listen to what this man said to his girlfriend! ‘your bum is so smooth, it’s like polished wood,” at which time another friend nudged her to tell her that a teacher had come walking in behind her.

How many countries have you visited?
The Netherlands, France, Germany, Spain, Hungary, Greece, Turkey, UAE, India, Thailand, Canada, USA, Antigua and Barbuda.

What was your favourite/worst subject in Secondary (High) School?
Favourite was Science. Does that seem unusual? I was good at it until I wasn't, and at that point I had spent so much of my life being good at Science that I didn't know what else to do. I'd never learnt how to be good at anything else.
Worst subject was PE, easily. Spend 15 minutes getting changed in front of people who I'm sure are judging me on my underwear, finally get outside and stand around in the freezing cold and normally rain while the teacher instructs us on some rule of whatever sport we're attempting to learn, 15 minutes of my uncoordinated flailing about while the same judgey girls make fun of how useless I am, then quickly get changed before you're late to your next class. Oh, how I hated it.

What is your favourite drink?
Alcohol-wise, I’m not a massive drinker, but I will have a cocktail with a meal sometimes. I like my cocktails on the sweeter side.

What is your favourite animal?
I like a lot of canines! Dogs are so friendly, I think foxes are really beautiful with their red coats and wolves are

What is your favourite perfume?
I’ve used quite a few but I haven’t narrowed down a particular favourite yet!

Tea or Coffee?
Honestly, I like both, but very specifically? I like coffees iced and sweetened. Not necessarily frappe-like, but I like those too. And tea, I like most herbal/fruity/green teas but not a big fan of the ordinary English breakfast tea blend.

What would you (or have you) name your children?
I go back and forth on this a lot, especially considered I’m not remotely ready to have kids yet. Currently, I like Coraline, as in the Neil Gaiman book, but we’ll see.

What is your favourite book?
I can’t possibly pick just one, but I’m going to have to put Harry Potter top, just because of the memories it gives me when reading it.

What is your favourite movie?
Pretty much any movie from Disney! (Is that too much for one favourite movie?)

Do you speak any different languages and how well?
Very minor French and German, from school.

Do you have any siblings?
Nope, only child!

How would you describe your fashion sense?
Cute but quirky? My everyday outfit tends to consist of jeans and a hoodie, but I love getting dressed up for special occasions.

What is your favourite restaurant?
The New York Café in Budapest! Just walking in feels magical.

What are some of your favourite tv shows?
Game of Thrones, Once Upon a Time, Great British Bake Off, Orange is the New Black.
Hmm, I don’t tend to be a big TV watcher! I want to be, but I’ll start watching something and really like it, but never get back into it.

Tell us one of your bad habits!
I tend to rub the skin around my nails when I’m nervous. I don’t like it and it makes them look really tatty.

So there we go! Do you like my answers? Any you really disagree with?

No comments:

Post a Comment