Friday 27 January 2017

My Skincare Routine

I don’t spend an overly long time or a lot of money on my skincare. Half of that is due to low funds, as I would like to try some of the best products on the market. But on the other hand, since I already have a cheap set-up that works for me, why should I need to mix it up? Much of skincare is trial and error, finding what works for you. My way might not work well for someone with different skincare issues, and if you have a set-up that works, that’s great!

In a word, I keep my face simple, which is funny since 90% of what I use is Simple brand. I just like that they don’t claim to do too much. They cleanse, moisturise and take my make-up off when I need it. Also, they don’t use any perfumes which can wreck the delicate skin on your face. I have their Kind to Skin Refreshing Facial Wash Gel, which I use twice a day, morning and night. I use Kind to Skin Vital Vitamin Day Cream, which has SPF15, and Night Cream. It’s important to wear SPF-based foundation every day, even when it’s cloudy, as the sun’s rays can still penetrate and damage your skin. I don’t use exfoliator on my face, instead preferring to massage gently with a wet flannel.

I also use their Kind to Skin Cleansing Facial Wipes for taking make-up off, and Kind to Skin Micellar Cleansing Water for stubborn eye make-up, but I do that in addition to my usual skincare, not as well as. I don’t use too much make-up for everyday use keeping it to a powder foundation, eyes and lips. I save the primers and such for when I really need it. I use a face mask once a week. I love the 7th Heaven Cucumber Peel-Off mask. I like feeling like its taking away dead skin with it, it leaves my skin feeling really clean and doing the peel-off bit is great fun.

Other parts of the skin – I like to keep hand creams around, for when my hands feel dry. I have a few different brands on the go right now, given as gifts, but I really like Crabtree and Evelyn Ultra Moisturising Hand Therapy. It glides right in, and smells really nice. For my whole body, I just use a moisturiser when I step out of the shower. I like body lotions in summer and thicker body butters in winter, in a variety of scents from the Body Shop. If I’m bored with one smell, I can switch it up. In the shower, it’s just a matter of exfoliate and shower gel for me usually!

No comments:

Post a Comment