Tuesday 7 March 2017

Epic Reads Book Tag

If you could invite one author and their fictional characters to lunch, who would you invite and what would you serve them?
J.K. Rowling and all of Dumbledore's Army/Order of the Phoenix. Treacle tart, cauldron cakes, pumpkin pasties, and butterbeer to drink!

What book do you wish the author would write a prequel for?
Pride and Prejudice with the Bennett siblings as children/young teens. I can chose an author who isn't alive, right? I would have said the Lily, Snape and the Marauders prequel, but I didn't want to use Harry Potter twice in a row.

Which two characters (not from the same book) would make a good couple?
Kelsea Glynn from Queen of the Tearling and Kai from The Lunar Chronicles. I'm pretty sure they would have a lot to discuss about the pressures of running a country and dealing with an evil Queen!

If you ran into your favourite author on the subway and could only say one sentence to them, who is it and what would it be?
It would have to be J.K. Rowling, and I'd just say thank you.

What book made you a reader and why?
I've been reading almost since I could talk, or at least ask others to read to me, my parents say my first words were read and book! I can't narrow it down to one specific book.

Incendio! Your bookshelf caught fire. Show the book you'd save.
Ahhh my copy of Half-Blood Prince. It was signed by Warwick Davis. Other books can be rebought, but I've never get that back.

Which dystopian world would you want to live in if you had to choose one and why?
Well, that's an... awful question. My mind has managed to get itself stuck on The Hunger Games, even though I do not want to live in Panem. Or can we be more specific, like I'd like to live in the Capitol? But even there, you have to watch children being killed on TV every year... I haven't read much dystopian ficton, so my honest answer is I don't know.

What is your most epic read of all time?
A Song of Ice and Fire series. They're long, a huge project to read, and a true epic fantasy sprawling continents.


No comments:

Post a Comment