Wednesday 3 May 2017

The Ultimate Book Tag

Yes, this one is called "The Ultimate Book Tag" - hope you enjoy.

 Do you get sick while reading in the car?

I do, but it doesn't stop me...

Which author’s writing style is completely unique to you and why?
Hmm. I just finished a book called Yuki-chan in Brontë Country by Mick Jackson - it was completely unlike anything I've ever read before.
Harry Potter Series or the Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer.
Harry Potter, of course! Do I really need to defend that?
Do you carry a book bag? If so, what is it in (besides books…)?
No, I'll just slip a book into my large handbag if I want one with me.
 Do you smell your books?
If they're like, a nice old book. Nothing like that old book smell!
 Books with or without little illustrations?
With little and big illustrations! Let's make all books for adults have illustrations.
What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing? (Ex. I read Twilight before I read HP and thought the writing was amazing but read HP and now think Twilight is a little bit of a joke.)
Hmm... this is a hard one. See, quality writing is subjective. I like some books that I knew weren't well-written when I read them, and I've disliked some books that win big awards. I guess I'd have to say things like The Babysitter's Club, which I read as a child.
Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Mum likes to say my first words were 'read book! read book!' so does that count?
 What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
Not sure, but from what I can see from here... The Last Unicorn is pretty slim.
 What is the thickest book on your shelf?
American Gods, again from what I can see with a quick look.
 Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future as being an author?
I do write, I would love to be an author. It would just suit me perfectly, being able to work on my own and in quiet for so much of my life, and to work when I wanted to.
 When did you get into reading?
I've been asking to be read to since before I could really walk, so very young.
 What is your favourite classic book?
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. We are including children's classics, right?
In school was your best subject Language Arts/English?
Not even close. Liking books didn't translate into being good at English! I would rather have written about books I liked, rather then books we were told to write about.
 If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated…what would you do?
Charity shop it!
 What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or the Hunger Games?
I hate doing this thing with comparing books to other series.
What is a bad habit you always do (besides rambling) while blogging?
Putting in every little thing I noticed while reading the book, so I have to read over and think "is this relevant?"
 What is your favourite word?
Conglomeration - it sounds like a conglomeration of other words.
 Are you a nerd, dork, or dweeb? Or all of the above?
I qualify myself more as a geek, personally.
 Vampires or Fairies? Why?
Fairies. I was a fairy girl growing up (as opposed to princess girl or mermaid girl) and Twilight has almost ruined vampires for me.
 Shapeshifters or Angels? Why?
Angels. I just like goody-goodies, okay? And I really liked this series as a child called Agent Angel/Angels Unlimited.
 Spirits or Werewolves? Why?
Spirits. I'd love to read some interesting fiction about them!
 Zombies or Vampires?
Zombies. I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead!
Love Triangle or Forbidden Love
Forbidden love. I am actually sick of love triangles.
 AND FINALLY: Full on romance books or action-packed with a few love scenes mixed in?
Action, I like a mix of genres, but I do enjoy pure romance books if they're well-done.

No comments:

Post a Comment